Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Some Changes With a Little Paint and Sweat...

My husband and I have been very busy with both of our jobs and me finishing my graduate school work. With one more class to go and all my work completed, today I finally had time to go outside and garden. I wish I had taken before pictures of our overgrown gardens, but I think you will get the idea!



These are the daisies that I thought would look so 'wonderful' in the front garden... but, my husband was right, they needed to go...


Now just the hydrangea and some drift wood sits in the garden... no cost spent here.


Now I need to show the amount of work has been put into the front of the house... with very little cost. This is the picture of the house when we first looked at it... we didn't even own it yet.

This was when I came home with a can of solid stain for my husband to try on the house. He ended up painting the entire front of the house with it. This sparked a new project of ripping out trees, sanding the house and painting it. We still have one more side to do!


 This is the front of the house now with the shrubs taken out, a freshly painted door (as seen on a trip to block island) and new paint on the house. We bought some more hydrangea which we planted in the front of the house (you can see two out of the four have flowered, very small). So in a few years will have some nice bushes filled in.


This was all a more cost effective way to make your house look nicer with of course some blisters. We still have more work to do on the front such as new steps and front light. But... we continue to move forward on our projects!!



No comments:

Post a Comment